How to making beekeeping beehives
Beehive is the beekeeping process for the bees to multiply the premises, the most basic beekeeping equipment. In 1857 the American Lang's invention of the live frame of the beehives, add the subsequent invention of the beeswax foundation machine and the honey extractor together as the three major inventions of beekeeping tools, the use of bee-keeping tools ended thousands of years of traditional beekeeping using earthworms, Destroy the nest to take honey production methods, laid the foundation for new beekeeping.
The design basis of bee hive
1. Bee way: bee way is the beehive for the bees, air circulation space. In the hive is the nest box and nest box, nest box and other parts of the gap between the hive. Bee should be based on the habits of different bee breeds, and through the measurement of bees natural honeycomb. Chinese bees are slightly smaller than the western bees, the bees are slightly lower than the western bees.
2. Bee hive frame: hive frame is an important component of the hive, composed of the upper beam, the lower beam and the side bar, used to support, fix and protect the nest spleen, shape, size and quantity of the design of the hive to play a decisive role.
Beehive producing requirements
1. The production of honeycomb wood, should use the rugged and lightweight, not easy to deformation, cracks in the wood. North to white pine, pine, Paulownia, linden wood, etc. better. South can be used fir. Before making, the wood should be air dried or dried.
2. the box of the walls, it is best to use the whole piece of wood. If you use a smaller wood stitching, it is best in the splicing with convex or concave surface of the wrong stitching stuck. When using the former, the convex plate is placed underneath, with a concave plate on top. When the latter is used. The above board should be made. To avoid rainy days, rain leakage box, affecting the service life.
3. The outer wall of the hive should be as much as possible planing.
4. The production of beehive, the parts and size must meet the current national or relevant departments of the standard. And strive to size, accurate and consistent size.
5. The side wall of the hive and the front and rear wall of the junction (saddle), must be done tightly, firmly bonded, so as to avoid loose deformation when used. When the side wall and front and rear walls are connected, the seams on the adjacent walls are staggered up and down, and the two joints can not be connected to the same level to ensure the box is firm.
6. The surface of the hive can be painted white paint or tung oil, so that the beehive durable, moisture to avoid moisture.